Summer so far...

The other day I was cleaning out Jack's closet and I found the baby book someone had given me to fill out with all of Jack's firsts.  I realized at the moment I pulled it out of its handy case, that I had actually never opened the book contained therein.  Inside the case was stuffed Jack's sonogram pictures, the postcard from his bassinet at the hospital announcing the arrival of "Baby Boy Simon" and some art work from his ill-fated and short-lived daycare experience.  It made me extremely sad to realize that in our frantic life I had never sat down to fill out Jack's baby book.  Bad Mommy not scrapbooking!  But then I remembered that I had been documenting all of Jack's firsts, and I am so glad that I have had this blog.
Father's Day 2013



Look at all that hair and all of those teeth!  Such an adorable little boy!


With that being said, I recognize that since I have gone back to work the posts have become more sporadic.  Jack has not stopped having firsts, but within the frantic pace of day-to-day life, I may see the firsts as less momentous.

Truck Touch!  A little boy's dream to play on all of the big trucks he sees on the street!

It is the wrong approach.  I should not think they are less momentous.  Every day he is growing and changing, doing something new and unexpected.

Moving fast

Delayed at the airport.  Did you know there are play areas in airports with things to climb upon?
I do now.

So today when Michael asked that I blog because it had not been updated in a while, my first thoughts were that nothing really of note had happened in a while and I have a whole bunch of work to do during nap that should take precedence.   That instinct was actually Bad Mommy.  In a year, five years, ten years, I want to look back and see Jack's day to day and how he grew and changed each time something was uploaded.  It is worth it to take the time out of my busy schedule to sit down and type a few words and upload a couple of pictures, just as it is worth it to take Jack to the playground instead of asking the nanny to come an extra day so I can get work done.  The work will get finished.  The emails will be answered and life will always go on.

Jack at the playground.  A good Mommy-Jack morning.
The important things are the times together with Jack and the memories that we will always share and be able to look back on fondly.  Onward with summer!

Comments