One World, One Sky

Today, Jack and I traveled to the Einstein Planetarium at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum to see Jack's first IMAX movie, "One World, One Sky".  It starred Big Bird, Elmo and Zhima Jie from Chinese Sesame Street and talked about the moon and stars.  

I can imagine that waiting in line to see a movie starting Big Bird and Elmo with a bunch of toddlers and preschoolers is a whole lot like standing in line with a bunch of Tween girls to see Beiber, just with a lot less glitter and more Cheddar Bunnies.  There was crying, there was anxiousness, there was attempts to escape, and that was only from the parents.  But I digress...

Once we finally got settled into our seats, Jack wanted to leave because it was taking too long in Jack time to file everyone in and get set up.  But once the movie started, that kid did not move!  I don't know when the last time was I saw him sitting so still.  We had a blast!

At one point the entire planetarium screen becomes the street scape of Sesame Street.  It was like we were standing right next to Big Bird and Elmo in front of 123 Sesame Street and Hooper's Store while staring at the stars.  If I thought that was cool, imagine how Jack felt.

Jack hugging Amelia Earhart - well I missed the shot, kid is quick, so this is him post hug.

Jack plopped himself down to watch a screen about early aviation and was pointing excitedly.

It was only then that I noticed it was a black and white cartoon of Mickey Mouse.

Waiting for the show to begin!
"One World, One Sky" is FREE on Fridays at 10:30am.  I know we will be going back.

Comments