UPDATED: Going to the Zoo

Now that we are settled in the new house, it is once again time to resume going on adventures in DC (or wherever else in the world we may be).  Today Jack and I went to the Zoo to see some of the animals we had not seen in a while. 

We visited the pandas, but they were not outside.

Jack had a ton of fun anyway climbing all over this guy.

Jack did not want to leave the elephant habitat.  But there was no shade, and while it is okay for an elephant to bask in the hot sunlight, it is not okay for a small blonde boy who refuses to wear a hat.

My monkey eating a banana.  He refused to eat the lemon ice I bought for the two of us.  His loss, more for me!

Once it was time for us to go, we headed back to the car.  Now, as most of you know, I don't really like the car.  Oh sure, having one has a lot of advantages and I love our SRX and hope that when our lease is up we get another one (hint Robbins).  But driving in DC is annoying, and if it is around 11 am and Jack is in the car, he will fall asleep.   If he falls asleep for even 5 minutes it can screw up the entire day because then he won't nap because he already has napped, and it is painful.  I have more control of him in the stroller and can make him walk for a few blocks to perk him back up if I think I am losing him.  Alas, we ran errands this morning that were better suited for the car, so here we were.

As soon as we got into the car I started blaring music and shouting "Don't Sleep" and tickling Jack at every light.

This does not look like the face of a guy who wants to stay awake.
 Despite my best efforts he fell asleep.  
Sleep won out over Mom's screams.

He is in his crib now playing with his sleep sheep - I can hear him changing the settings continually.   Who knows what the afternoon holds...

Update at 1:40 pm:  Yup, no nap.  That whole 10 minutes he got must have been really refreshing.  

Comments