The Yards Park

I don't think this is a secret gem anymore in the city, but wow did it feel like a new discovery for us this weekend!  Jack and I went down to the Yards Park, nestled next to Nationals Stadium and the Potomac River in Southeast to play in the fountains on Saturday morning.  It has a large fountain and wading pool that is about a foot deep for little ones to play in, sweeping views of the river and a large entertainment venue. The place was empty when we arrived, but by the time we left around 11 am, was in full swing with at least four different birthday parties carrying forth!

Not so sure about the water spray.
 
Only picture I could get of the fountain and wading area.  Because Jack is a new walker, he kept stumbling in the water so I had to go in with him and I did not want to see if my iPhone can float.

Boardwalk with views of the Navy Yard next door and big ships!

Comments