Jack's Table Manners

Let's face it, at 13.5 months, Jack's table manners leave something to be desired.  He does not always hit his mouth, much of what he is eating ends up in his hair, and when he decides he is finished, he begins pushing his food off his tray.

Breakfast of champions: scrambled eggs, applesauce squeezy and pain au chocolate.
Our hotel in Paris had decent food and a complementary breakfast every day for the participants in the conference Michael attended and their families.  Oh, and most importantly it had a high chair.  But boy did Jack disgust the waitstaff.  I let him eat off of the tray on the high chair just like he does at home.  If we are out, and the high chair does not have a tray, I just let him eat off the table (I have Elmo placemats that stay in place with adhesive so he does not eat directly off the table).  I find there is less thrown food, no broken dishes and to me everyone wins.  The waitstaff at the hotel just did not get it. "Madam, are you sure we cannot interest you in a plate for the bebe?" No thank you, he will just throw it.  "Madam, do you have a plastic plate then?"  No.  "Madam, how about a placemat?"  No thank you, he will just throw that on the ground as well.

Mmm... chocolate!  What do mean that I should get as much in my mouth as I did on my jacket?

Oh well, I guess Jack is not going to be invited to any fancy white table cloth dinners any time soon.

Comments

  1. That's OK , I know some adults that wouldn't be invited either and I'd rather have dinner with Jack

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment