I Love New York

It's hard not to love New York City.  Every time I visit I kick myself for not moving there after college (not that I don't love DC...) and I think a lot of my love for NYC rubbed off on Jack during this visit.  We went to the City on yet another work trip with Michael.  And after this month, I think we have unfortunately set Jack's vacation expectations so high, we have nowhere to go but down.

Immediately after we arrived and checked into the hotel, we high-tailed it over to Madison Square Park for some play time!  The playground was packed - I actually had to "circle" once to find a parking spot for the stroller.  

Cruising the city streets with a bird's eye view.

It took Jack a little while to realize that we were surrounded by huge buildings.  Suddenly as we were walking down the street, Jack started pointing up and talking rapidly. Here is Jack and Mike with the Empire State Building in the background.

Saturday morning Maria and Jack traveled from Midtown to Astoria to visit a friend of Maria's from law school who is about to have her third (!?!) baby.  Here is Jack about to take his first trip on the New York Subway.

Jack, on the N train, remembered he is a pro riding mass transit.  

Napping in front of the Plaza Hotel.

Following Saturday morning's Queens outing, Maria and Jack met Michael at Central Park.  It was a gorgeous day out and we could not think of a better way to spend it with Jack.

Choosing a place to sit and have a snack in the shade.

Playground sandbox - sand was really hot, Jack did not last long.

Jack is a slide man, and he made Michael take him on the big slide a number of times before we left Central Park Saturday afternoon.



Comments